Why we need RNG with cryptographic integrity verification
- To immediately detect fraudulent intrusion to your RNG.
- To verify and demonstrate the integrity of each and every draw.
Circumstantial evidence may be insufficient to detect fraud. And because all results are possible, you may need to prove the legitimacy of questionable draws e.g. identical draws on proximate days. The Telegraph
- To avoid using faulty hardware for electronic draws.
Defective hardware can lead to non-random and repetitive draws. Szrek article
- To guarantee 100% fraud detection and serve as a fraud deterrent.
A person will only commit a crime if they perceive that they have a good chance of success; detection works as a fraud deterrent. NBER
- To provide admissible proof of fraud in litigation.
Our random numbers are generated using digital signatures, which in many countries constitute legal evidence. American Bar Association